The below concepts:
- Are based on “Chaos Theory” and “Complex Adaptive Systems”.
- Needed to be implemented to create Eco-Autonomous organization.
- You can adopt all of them, part of them or one of them. Any concept adoption will increase your organizational readiness for the future.
1 – No central control
- In contrast to the current management system and company structure, we propose decentralized, distributed and autonomous system and structure.
- Decision making and authority distributed to the company’s groups and individuals.
2 – A company is a set of Entities and Functions
- Entities are a grouping of other entities and function that need to work together to reach a common goal (groups in a classical organization).
- Functions are defined behaviors for given internal/external events and defined interactions with other functions or entities (Duty in the traditional role).
3 – Purpose is the glue
- Each element in the company must have a purpose that derived from the company purpose.
4 – Steered by the environment
- There shouldn’t be any steering committees or governance body. Steering and governance are done by continuous getting feedbacks from the company environment.
5 – Clear definition of boundaries
- Each Entity and Function have a clear definition of their responsibilities and artifacts they need to manage.
6 – Feedback loops
- Each Entity and Function must have 5 metrics that indicate if the entity/function progressing toward reaching its goal.
7 – People are filling functions
- People are Agents filling one or many functions in different entities.
- Agents should fill functions based on their knowledge and experience.
8 – No Silos
- Entities are set of agents with different expertise and experience needed to reach entity purpose.
- Departments (or silos) of just one type of expertise with common experience should be replaced by non-siloed entities.
9 – Compensation based on contribution and company performance
- Agents should be compensated based on company performance.
- Agent compensation should be calculated base on the contribution of the functions he is filling.
- Such compensation model motivates people to collaborate and increase company performance.
10 – Agents are following contracts
- Agents are following predefine contracts.
- If Agent continuously fails to fulfill contracts or presenting negative metrics, he is automatically released from function/s.
- Other Entity agents are tasks with resolving the new situation.
11 – Agents can define their contribution level
- Agents can fill one function that required small dedication to several functions that dedicate a lot of dedication.
- They will be compensated by the contribution of the functions she is filling.
12 – Each entity can adopt a management system that fit agents memes
- An entity is a collection of agents that have a common human psyche.
- Each entity can adopt a management system that fit agents psychics.
13 – Merit base conflict resolution
- Conflicts should be resolved based on a vote that factor people relevant experience and knowledge.
14 – Self-Organized
- Entities should create their own order as a result of interactions between agents.
- The internal structure of an entity is a result of agents interaction and subject to conflict resolution.
15 – Evolving
- Equilibrium is death for any system, including organization.
- Each entity must have a dedicated function to ensure an ongoing evolvement of the entity.